- Moonkin Form: This form now also reduces the damage the druid takes while stunned by 15%.
- Typhoon: The knockback distance from this spell has been increased to match Thunderstorm.
- Balance of Power: Misleading tooltip reworded. The tooltip previously reported an incorrect value for the increased chance to hit with spells. The actual benefit of the talent is unchanged.
I am really interested in what the PvPers think about these changes. My experience with PvP is limited but both changes sound very nice. Since I am a bad PvPer I get stunlocked a lot. This change wouldn't necessarily save someone like me but it does give the healer a little more time to save you if it is possible.
The Typhoon change is probably very welcome. I remember that one of the early criticism of the talent was that the knockback was very short especially when compared to Thunderstorm. So, I think the PvPers are going to be happy. The benefits are obvious. A longer knock back means more time to cast and it will be easier to push people off a cliff.
The Brood Mother Returns:
After years of lurking in her lair battling the many brave adventurers who travelled from afar to challenge her, Onyxia returns to commemorate World of Warcraft's five-year anniversary.There have already been a lot of comments about the return of this classic encounter. Lissanna over at Restokin.com hopes the encounter has some substance to it and isn't a cakewalk. I have a different of opinion. I don't want it to be a loot pinata, but if a group of new raiders with a mixture of Heroic and Naxx 10 gear can beat it in 5 attempts or so then I think it is to hard. I also hope that the gear dropped is on the level of Naxx gear. The last thing I want right now is another serious raid for my already crowded raid schedule. I understand why veteran players don't want their memories tarnished, but I really hope that this is more of a novelty fight.
- Onyxia has been scaled to offer new challenges to level 80 players and is now available for testing in 10- and 25- player modes.
- Adjustments have been made to the encounter to keep it fit for modern raiding, but the fundamental experience of fighting the Brood Mother will remain, as will the horror of the Deep Breaths!
- Some classic items Onyxia offered level 60 players will have their stats adjusted appropriately for level 80 players.
- Brood of Onyxia, a very rare 310%-speed mount modeled after Onyxia herself will be available for the luckiest of challengers.
One thing I am very happy about though is that the Brood of Onyxia mount is "very rare," according to the patch note. You can call me an elitist if you want, but I like that the 310% mounts are rewards for significant in-game achievements. It is a fitting reward for players who complete uncommon tasks, but doesn't give them an advantage when competing with other players. I would hate to see this mount being farmed like the ZA bear mounts were towards the end of TBC.
One last thing. This should also be a great boost for WoW.com's Guild Watch column. Anyone want to take a guess at how many reports of mounts being ninja looted they will see in the first week after it is released?